A few Basic Tips to help your Trees:
Based on Colorado Weather
- Check trees after high winds or heavy snowfall. Broken branches are a danger to you and your property.
- Thin out deciduous trees that have overgrown. This creates better airflow and light penetration to make for a healthy and happy tree.
- Stake trees and check wraps to prevent girdling. Making sure to relocate stakes between seasons ensures stake is securely grounded.
- Fertilize deep roots yearly. N&D Tree recommends feeding sick trees twice a year.
- Water tree roots deeply during the winter. Colorado winters are too dry to rely on snowfall for appropriate water.
- Trim Crabapples and American Elms in the late fall through winter. This will prevent the spread of Fire Blight and Elm Bark Beetle invasion.
- Use preventive care against insects.